Dispose Unwanted Object Through WCF Service
1. Open Our Project in Visual Studio.
2. Go to Solution Explorer and open Web Project à WCF Service( Folder) à Sales ( Folder) à SalesClient.svc(Service) and then open SalesClient.svc.cs file.
3. Add one file SilverlightFaultBehavior.cs in our Web Project. This file is an auto-generated file to enable WCF Fault s to reach Silverlight Clients. Main Use of SiverlightFaultBehavior.cs file is to handling WCF Service Exceptions within Silverlight Application.
4. Two new attributes we have added SilverlightFaultBehavior and ServiceBehavior.
5. SalesClient is a service class.here we have implemented an interface IDisposable.We have to use as implicitly.Namespace for IDisposable is System.
After Implement interface IDisposable one Dispose method will created at end.
then replace that Dispose method code to above code mention here:
In Above Code Dispose ( ) method is use for implement IDisposable.here we called Garbage Collector for dispose unwanted object. SuppresFinalize method should only be called by a class that has a finalizer. It's informing the GC that
thisobject was cleaned up fully. We can pass managed private object references inside if(disposing) block .
6. ~SalesClient( ) is a finalizer. and it works as a destructor.
7. Build that Web and then update Service References those are related to SalesClient.svc. That Service Reference exists which is our Silverlight Project.
For Update Service Reference Just Right Click on Service Reference and Click Update Service reference.
We can use same process for other server side layers if we want to disposed unwanted objects.